Are you a technology problem solver?
At Blair we are a dedicated and highly skilled team of professionals, all bound by one goal: to find solutions for our clients’ technology challenges.
OUR TEAM HERE IS
✓ Focused on exceeding client expectations
✓ Always actively seeking continued learning
✓ Genuinely interested in new technology and improved processes
Date: January, 2023
Position Title: Technical Consultant – NOC Level 1/2
Position Type: Full Time
Reports To: Technical Operations Manager
Salary: $45,000 - $75,000
This individual has the overall responsibility to manage all incident communication and escalation, manage the daily support ticket queue and ensure compliance with, and report on, client Service Level Agreements (SLA). Our NOC operates 24x7x365 and requires evening and overnight shift work as well as weekend and holiday on-call duties.
These responsibilities result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC and our technical consultants are required to ensure these duties are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner. You will interact frequently with the entire technical team, our sales and administrative teams, as well as many of our valued clients. You will be required to develop a good all-round understanding of each of our service offerings outlined in our service catalogue
The NOC Level 1 Technical Consultant is responsible for carrying out daily hardware and software monitoring tasks, configuring and reacting to hardware and software alerts. You will ensure critical business systems are online, operational and healthy and take all necessary steps to resolve any issues. This individual will respond to all monitoring alerts by opening a ticket in Autotask and carrying out Level 1 troubleshooting. When appropriate you will escalate appropriate tickets to Level 2 / 3 Technical Consultants and handle through to resolution (see below). You will also be responsible for regular daily checks plus reviewing all open tickets at least daily and update status as necessary. Additional responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
As a NOC Level 1 / 2 team member, you will be accountable for all of the NOC Level 1 job responsibilities as assigned. You will also be the first level of escalation for all “Power Team” related client and internal technical issues, prior to being escalated to a Power Team Level 2 / 3 Technical Consultant, including (but not limited to) the following:
● Mimix Repair
● MSP Power (IBM i) related service requests / tasks
● IBM support Coordination
● NOC Checkpoint Meetings (backup)
● Incident management
● Create and review reports
● RFC Audit
● Draft and review RFCs
● RFC Control (Audit purpose)
Job Requirements & Qualifications
● Overall experience of 7+ years in a technical support role
● Overall experience of 5+ years working with IBM Power infrastructure
● Overall experience of 3+ years working with MIMIX
● Effective prioritization skills with significant attention to detail
● High energy level
● Strong personal work ethic
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating workload
● High sense of urgency and commitment to exceeding customer expectations by communicating in a clear, concise and professional manner
● Ability to provide clear and detailed written documentation
● Experience in problem resolution with IT systems and end users
● Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
Working hours: 24x7 Rotating Shift, Monday to Friday, plus on-call rotation for holidays and weekends.